Come Make History!
The goal of the Women in Science Edit-a-thon at UNC [Event Page] will be to:
- Create pages for women scientists who do not currently have their own dedicated page,
- Improve citations and supplement pages that currently exist but are sparse, and
- Identify opportunities to create links that make women scientists’ profiles more accessible.
We want to emphasize that no subject knowledge or Wikipedia editing experience is necessary! For those who are new to Wikipedia, we will have an introductory workshop that will teach the basics of creating new articles and editing existing Wikipedia articles.
WHEN: April 16, 2015 from 6:00PM-10:00PM. While we have an official start and end time, we encourage anyone who is interested in participating to come when you are free and stay for as long as you like!
WHO: We welcome anyone to participate with us!
- Experienced or new Wikipedians (We will provide assistance with Wikipedia formatting and syntax.)
- Scientists and non-scientists! (The Kenan Science Library will help provide resources to assist with your research.)
- UNC faculty, staff, and students.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU ARRIVE: The Kenan Science Library is located on the ground floor of Venable Hall (G301). Volunteers will be there to greet you.
- While there will be computers available, we encourage you to bring your own laptop! If you have not connected to the UNC wireless network before, volunteers will be available to help you set your computer up.
- Parking at UNC is free in most lots after 5PM. We have planned our event so that you will be able to park in the Venable parking lot.
WILL THERE BE FOOD?: Yes! Participants will have access to refreshments and pizza throughout the event. We want to keep our participants fueled and happy!